To be eligible for a virtual visit or telephone consultation, a pet must have a standing Veterinary-Client-Patient-Relationship with House Call Vet RVA, PLLC.
- This means an animal must have had a physical exam performed by a House Call Vet RVA, PLLC doctor within the past year.
- If your pet is new overdue for their annual visit or you would like to request a home visit, please visit our online appointment scheduler!
Examples of general virtual or telephone consultations include:
- General medical concerns, questions and/or treatment plan questions
- New puppy/kitten questions
- Pet behavioral questions
- Questions regarding medications, diet or supplements
- Pet weight management and nutritional questions
- Long term monitoring
- Travel related questions
- Parasites seen in the stool
Please note, any medical emergency such as changes in or difficulty breathing, trauma, changes in alertness or altered mentation, seizures or other neurologic abnormalities, should NOT be scheduled for a virtual visit. Please contact your local 24/7 veterinary emergency center.